Thursday, May 10, 2007

Wonder Man #5

Wonder Man #5
Gee, that's....not quite what I was expecting. I was hoping for a big finish and just "fizzle, pop". Like a firecracker failing to explode. For a five-issue mini, it's a downright shame it had to end like this, primarily since it colors the rest of the series with this poor ending. For the series as a whole, I'd go with OKAY, but as a single issue this was not good. In fact, it was AWFUL.
(And perhaps I haven't mentioned it so explicitly before, but GOD is this art ugly. What's up with people's faces? It's even uglier than Veitch, and that's certainly saying something. But take a look at Carol's nipples poking through the fabric of her shirt, and then tell me why Beast and Simon are saying how stunning Huan is? Do they NOT see who's standing right next to her?)

No comments: