Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Books arriving 5/31

Blue Beetle #15 - I thought that this title would flop after Giffen left the book. It hasn't. In fact, it's gotten even better.

Countdown #48
- If you read my last posting on this title, you'll realize just how much I am already disliking it. I may glance at it, but only so that I don't get left behind.

Dark Xena #2
- Last issue was actually OKAY, beginning immediately following the series finale and tying in the legend of Xena with Lovecraftian gods in a way that didn't immediately turn me off, so I'm looking forward to where it goes from here.

Fallen Angel
#16 - Will this be the issue? The one where we find out that Lee's predecessor was, indeed, Supergirl? Probably not, since PAD didn't actually own that character. But he'll come as close as he can to saying so without actually saying so.

Green Lantern #20 - Yeah, this is gonna suck. Except for the backup feature. That should be worthwhile.

Hawkgirl #64
- Not reading this. Really not interested.

Hellboy: Darkness Calls #2
- Wait for the trade.

Justice Society of America #6
- Do you think Scipio's right about where this story is heading? I think he just might be.
The JSA portions of this story are turning out to be ten times better than the JLA portions. So this book will probably be a good read, and will hopefully give us some answers regarding the status of the classic Legionnaires with regard to current continuity.

New Avengers: Illuminati #3 - I read the rerelease of the first two books, and it wasn't quite as bad as I had feared. Merely EH, though, as I still couldn't care less. Retcon shmetcon.

Shaolin Cowboy#7 - An actual issue of this? Wow!

Silver Surfer: Requiem #1 - Hmmmm. Obviously intended to tie in to the upcoming film, but bearing in mind that the most recent Surfer material hasn't sucked (I'm obviously not talking about the ongoing series from a few years ago) it might be worth a look.

Spider-Man: Fairy Tales #1 - ??? Really? After the colossal stupidity that was X-Men fairy tales, Marvel's going to saddle us with more of this CRAP? No, thank you.

Teen Titans #47 - Back to basics, I hope. And future issues have Blue Beetle joining! Though how they're going to pull that off after he rejected Oracle's invitation to join the Birds of Prey is something I haven't yet been quite able to puzzle out.

Ultimate Fantastic Four #42
- What does it say about this title that I actually enjoyed Millar's run on it more? That I wish he were back on this title? Especially since I hate his guts? Ugh.

Wolverine #54 - Uh, yeah, not interested, sorry. Last issue was just such a colossal mess (which was actually the only reason I read it, heh) that this storyline can't be forgotten quickly enough.

X-23: Target X #6 - This wonderful miniseries comes to a close. Beautiful art coupled with great storytelling. I just hope that the series truly has an end. Not merely a finish. If you know what I mean.

No comments: