Sunday, May 20, 2007

Cable & Deadpool #40

Cable & Deadpool #40
EH. If you haven't been reading X-Men, don't buy this issue. (I haven't been reading X-Men because I really can't stand the art. I'd probably read the story if it were told in text format, but combined with Bachalo's and Ramos' art, I can't figure out what's going on - especially in action sequences. The characters aren't always recognizable either. So I figure I'll skip the title for now, and then come back to it when the current artists have left the title for someone more competent.) It makes no sense whatsoever. It isn't a Deadpool story, and it's not much of a Cable story either. From what sense I can make of it, this issue occurs behind the scenes of the current X-Men arc. The art and scripting in this issue makes it unclear as to exactly which of the events shown are transpiring in the real world, but it seems to me that this entire story is about Cable walking down a hall. The only moments of this issue that stand out are those revolving around Deadpool's strip poker game. And there's no recap page either. What the? Whatever. I'm sure that when I come back next issue, the new arc will make sense. Or as much sense as this title ever makes.

No comments: