Thursday, May 10, 2007

Nightwing #132 (unread)

Nightwing #132
I had such high hopes when Marv Wolfman came on board this series. Nobody could be as bad a Bruce Jones, I figured. And after the first issue, I thought we were on track to getting a slew of great Dick Grayson stories. And then something happened. I'm not quite sure what. Perhaps DC editorial pressed Wolfman to leave the Monitors out of this series. Initially, it had seemed like Wolfman's run would at least begin with an examination of Dick's place in the DC universe. Why he was still alive when he was supposed to have died. But apparently not. Instead, what followed was a lame and nearly unreadable story. And what followed that was this present storyline which hasn't interested me in the slightest. So I'm skipping it. When Marv decides to focus on Dick's life and relationships again, I'll be back. But for now, I'm no longer reading this title.

No comments: