Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Supergirl #20

Supergirl #20
After 19 issues of crap (overall) and now the new writer getting saddled with a crossover issue, I truly didn't expect much from this issue. And then I read it. First off, I was blown away by Renato Guedes' art, drawing Kara as an actual girl with a normal looking body. Supergirl now has somewhere besides her breasts in which to store her internal organs, and I believe that she's the better for it. And this story, even though it plays a small part in the larger editor mandated crossover event that nobody's reading, functions well enough as a done-in-one introduction to Bedard's take on the character and the book in general. Let me tell you, for the first time since the first issue of this title, I'm actually looking forward to reading the next issue. And that's something. VERY GOOD.

No comments: