Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The Irredeemable Ant-Man #11

The Irredeemable Ant-Man #11
Another EXCELLENT issue of this EXCELLENT series that nobody bought and is now being cancelled. Goddamn you, Marvel. You get some real talent working on a quality book, and then you do nothing to promote it? Instead, you just let it languish there while most of the comics buyers pass it by unaware of just how good it truly is. And then it fails. And you wonder "well, how did that happen?" or say "see? We told you the market wouldn't support this book!" Well, duh, when it gets set up to fail!
I had hoped to be reading Ant-Man well into my golden years. Now, it seems, its twelve issues will have to last me forever. Unless Marvel gets a clue and gives it a second shot as they did for She-Hulk. But I'm not going to hold my breath. Because, like Eric, I don't have any inherent superpowers, and I'd just black out and die. Fare thee well. Kirkman, I'll keep reading anything you write.
On another note, did you catch the Walking Dead reference in Simone's Welcome to Tranquility #9? Looks like you owe her some flowers, K-man.

No comments: