Sunday, August 26, 2007

Outsiders Five Of A Kind Week 4 Metamorpho Aquaman

Outsiders Five Of A Kind Week 4 Metamorpho Aquaman
This issue is unbelievably surprisingly GOOD!
Amazing artwork coupled with a strong Metamorpho story with Aquaman playing a well-characterized strong supporting role. Sure, the underlying story concept, of Batman recruiting members for his NEW Outsiders, is ludicrous. And the reason he's apparently sent Arthur and Rex to the Sahara is also kind of dumb. But writer G. Willow Wilson doesn't let such inanities get in the way of her writing a strong story. And it's amazingly, surprisingly, GOOD! I haven't read any of the other books in this series because, well, I wouldn't waste my money on that kind of CRAP, not even for you, tireless reader, but I'm a fan of Josh Middleton's artwork, - even his coloring is amazing in this issue, giving it the perfect washed out look which invokes a true sense of being in the desert - and a fan of the characters in this book, so I figured I'd pick it up. And I wasn't disappointed. Bedard's backup story is really stupid, but Wilson's story is top-notch.

No comments: