Sunday, August 26, 2007

Birds of Prey #109

Birds of Prey #109
I really don't know what to make of this title.
On the one hand, I love the Birds. On the other hand, the Black Canary miniseries sucked.
On the one hand, the women in this book are drawn looking like real women. On the other hand what's up with their faces (as drawn by Nicola Scott)?
On the one hand, it's interesting that someone should be hunting Fourth World characters. On the other hand, it pisses me off that DC is about to off every single last one of them, including Scott Free and Big Barda if the solicits are to be trusted.
On the one hand, it's cute to see Sin playing Pokemon. On the other hand, Sin's playing Pokemon?
On the one hand, it's nice to see that Barbara cares enough about Dinah, her best friend, to make sure that she knows what she's doing by marrying Ollie. On the other hand, I've had friends dating or engaged to people who were no good for them, and putting them on the defensive certainly is not the best way of making one's point.
I guess what I'm trying to say here is that while, on the one hand, this issue is filled with neat ideas, on the other hand, its execution is all wrong.
Still, it's OKAY, but if this keeps up, Bedard is certainly not going to be getting good ratings from me.

No comments: