Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Batman #666

Batman #666
I've read a lot of mixed reviews regarding this book. I guess it's about time that I throw my two cents in. Honestly? It's really not bad. In fact, if all of Morrison's Damian stories had been this good, that storyline wouldn't have sucked so hard. This issue was VERY GOOD, especially in light of the fact that I, who as y'all know, love my done-in-ones, wish this could be a three parter. That's how good it is. I want to read more tales of this Batman and his world. However...since it's pretty much assured that this future is not the future of the DCU as it will come to pass, wouldn't this story have been better served by publication in an Elseworlds trade? There'd also be more pages to work with in that case. If course, DC editorial have their heads shoved so far up their butts that I'll bet they never even thought about this. Oh, well

No comments: