Monday, July 09, 2007

All-Star Superman #8

All-Star Superman #8
It may very well be heresy to admit this publicly, but I really didn't enjoy this issue as much as I have those previous. Completely disregarding the brain aches I got trying to translate Bizarro speech into normal English (although the Bizarro version of the Star-Spangled Banner was brilliant!), the story just didn't seem to be a complete idea in any sense, something which has long (can't believe I'm saying that!) been a hallmark of this series. I can't bring myself to care for this issue, and the truth is that all the information contained within could very well have been imparted in the space of two pages. Given the fact that this book never comes out, wasting an issue on this "filler" strikes me as more of a cheat than anything else. EH.

No comments: