Monday, July 23, 2007

Action Comics #852

Action Comics #852
Is Kurt Busiek a great writer or what? An EXCELLENT issue that accomplishes in a few panels what it took three months to do to Jimmy Olsen in Countdown. And regardless of the four times in this issue that the editors pop up, reminding us to read Countdown, and telling us that it's absolutely necessary, I really think they're lying. I'm not going to bother reading Countdown to find out. I'll just come back to Action Comics in two weeks and see if I feel as if I'm missing anything. If so, I'll scan the back issues of Countdown. But I sure as hell am not going to buy that trash. What a waste of trees.

You know, if they got a writer who wasn't afraid to have some fun with the concept as opposed to angsting and killing, maiming and raping, and otherwise mistreating "Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen (volume 2)", I'd totally buy that book. Maybe Busiek wants to write it?

No comments: