Friday, June 29, 2007

Wolverine Origins #15

Wolverine Origins #15
That's it. I quit. Get another writer on this title and we'll talk. But every month I put myself through 22 pages of torture, and for what? For a book that gives me absolutely no pleasure, other than its art, and which is instantly forgettable. I have no real idea what Carbonadium is, even though it seems to be essential to the plot. And that's really a huge problem, this many issues in. I have no idea who half of these characters are. I have no idea of where I could read the stories which are obviously being referenced here. And you know what? I really don't care. The only good part of this issue is the epilogue, and even that gets flubbed. Bucky says one thing, but the coded message says another. And some code! A six year-old could read it! And how would he even know to look for it? And how would all the ads for disparate services be grouped so perfectly together? And how would he know WHICH bus station? Like I said, the only good part about this AWFUL comic is the art. And even that doesn't do it for me anymore. This is the end. I'm not reading this book again. Can anyone REALLY give me a good reason why I should?

No comments: