Thursday, June 14, 2007

Cable & Deadpool #41

Cable & Deadpool #41

Another amazing cover by the incredibly versatile Skottie Young. Wow - get a load of that!

As much as I disliked last issue, this one was rather good. We get back to Cable again, Deadpool comes in to save the day, Domino gets to do some stuff, and Cable and Deadpool make up. Not too shabby. Unfortunately, all this comes with a hefty price tag - the utter destruction of Providence. Obviously, it's something that was very difficult to fit into the general Marvel universe, but it was still a nice idea. Now, though, Cable has to start all over.

The X-Men cameo in this issue isn't too annoying, as their entire function is to summarize the events in the last X-Men issue. That's okay with me. I haven't been reading X-Men, as I've said before, because I really can't stand the art - I just find it unbelievably distracting. When I read a comic book I don't want to have to puzzle over what the hell is supposed to be going on in its panels. The visual information should jump out at me. It shouldn't be incomprehensible. I shouldn't have to spend ten minutes on each action sequence trying to figure out what the hell is happening. I shouldn't have to complain this much either.

So imagine my chagrin when I got to this issue's final page and learned that it was going to be continued in X-Men #200! Why? Fortunately though, if this issue is any indication, I'll probably be able to skip it, as the next issue of C&D will fill me in adequately as to the events which occurred therein. VERY GOOD. This issue contains all the elements that made me love this book in the first place.

No comments: