Friday, June 29, 2007

Green Lantern: Sinestro Corps Special #1

Green Lantern: Sinestro Corps Special #1
Quite GOOD. Much better than I was expecting. Basically shows that this entire event has been planned since the beginning of Rebirth, and incorporates the Silver Age appearances of Sinestro and former run of Green Lantern very nicely into a scema that actually, for the first time, makes more sense than not. Johns has a plan. And as long as it doesn't involve Hal Jordan saving the Universe by kissing alien chicks, I'm cool with it. (But as far as that goes, since when are Zamorans purple? During Millennium - yes, I know it sucked - they looked like human Amazons. But I guess that would be too confusing nowadays, especially with the Amazons Attack! event occurring silmultaneously.)
Using Superboy Prime, the Anti-Monitor, (who I thought was dead, wasn't he? Wasn't Alex Luthor's tower built from his corpse? Whatever.) and the Cyborg Superman is a good move too, although in the case of Superboy, isn't it a bit of overkill? It's like loading a biological weapon into a nuclear bomb. Again, whatever. Still, it's nice to see that the really good bad guys didn't get forgotten.
Plus, Kyle as the new Parallax? Ion's a stupid character evolution, although at least the concept is explained well here. So I'm down with that, too.
Is it just me, or would it be really cool to have a "Tales of the Sinestro Corps" ongoing feature or featurette, even after this event concludes?
This book was REALLY LONG! I was quite pleased. And the art was nicely done, too.
Well, that's all I have to say about that.

No comments: