Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Irredeemable Ant-Man #9

The Irredeemable Ant-Man #9
I just picked this up. I guess it must have just gotten left behind. But it's an incredibly EXCELLENT issue.
But...what's this? Could Eric O'Grady be becoming redeemable? (Or would that be unirredeemable?) Certainly not! Could he? There he is, having made a real friend of the Black Fox, having done Monstro a tremendous favor for nothing, and feeling bad about the $#!++y things he said to his girlfriend, Abigail. Actually crying! Does it make me a wuss if I admit that I cried too? It does? Well, then, I absolutely, positively, 100% affirm that I DID NOT cry! But I did smile wistfully when I saw Eric and Black Fox playing Wii with each other. And I laughed for nearly a minute straight when I got a look at Slaying Mantis' Superhuman Registration Card! Does this mean that the title will be changing? Perhaps to The UNirredeemable Ant-Man? Hopefully not ending, as this is one of the few books with the guts to call it like it is regarding that Civil War stupidity - "that's just a marketing term. It was a street fight -- not a war." That's absolutely true. And is, in fact, the most clever and refreshing quote I've read all week! Quote of the Week! And it's also so refreshing that this book is one of the few at Marvel without an Initiative banner. Those things are just so darn annoying, especially since the story inside usually has nothing to do with The Initiative.

And it has another EXCELLENT Mini Marvels back-up strip by Chris Giarrusso!