Thursday, March 15, 2007

Tales From the Bully Pulpit (2004)

Tales From the Bully Pulpit (2004)
Continuing the trend of reading books that are two years old (or older), I've been catching up on Kirkman's massively entertaining Invincible. I appreciate the fact that he's been so magnanimous as to give some struggling artists free space at the end of his books, in this case Benito Cereno. In one of his strips therein, he touted his book "Tales From the Bully Pulpit". Well, I couldn't find it anywhere, surprise, surprise, so I just downloaded it. I'll pick it up if I ever find it while pawing through back issue bins.
Anyways, I've just read it, and it has gone very far towards ridding my palate of the awfulness of last night and the tripe that was True Brit.
This book is actually FUNNY! Teddy Roosevelt steals H.G. Wells' time machine. He uses it to come forward in time, all the way to the year 2000, when he joins forces with the ghost of Thomas Edison. They travel in time to Argentina 2008 where they foil a plot by the descendants of the great fascist dictators of the mid 20th century to take over Mars by subjugating one of the two races that live there. It's ridiculous. It's hilarious! Read it if you can find it. And if you can find it, let me know, will you? VERY GOOD.

No comments: