Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Superman: True Brit (2004)

Superman: True Brit (2004)
I just read this. I'd been putting it off for a while. I wish I had put it off for a while longer. This book is almost bad enough to completely turn me off from comics and Monty Python forever. The writers go to great lengths to craft what they feel is a funny story. It isn't really that funny. What it is, however, is the single most depressing thing that I have ever read in any medium. As I read it, I kept thinking to myself, "there's got to be some sort of redemption coming". There wasn't. The story is about the British tabloid press endeavoring to destroy their Superman. And guess what? They succeed!
It's a good thing that I'm not the Superman in this story, because I'd be sorely tempted to go on a murderous rampage. First, I'd put my fist through that smarmy grin on the face of Colin Clark's sleazy editor. Then, I'd pull the Bat-Man's bat out of his midsection and beat him to a bloody pulp with it. Next, I'd murder my own parents - who never cared for me, anyways. I'd follow that up by turning the duplicitous cousin of Lois Lane inside-out. Finally, I'd take my heat vision to all of the reporters in the entire British nation.
This book not only makes me hate reporters, it makes me hate John Cleese, Britain, John Byrne, and the entire comics industry. I am so fucking pissed off right now, I don't know how else to express it other than fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!!!!!! Complete CRAP. No, it's worse than CRAP. Heck, it's even sub-ASS. This book should never have been written, let alone published. Why the fuck didn't anybody warn me? Who the fuck thought this was a good idea? Godfuckingdamnit.

No comments: