Thursday, December 21, 2006

Thunderbolts #109

Thunderbolts #109
And while we're on the subject of titles I don't read, here's another one! I'm upset that I never read this title before (except for the odd crossover issues - which really weren't very good). Now I've got 100+ issues to make up. I should've known, seeing as how I usually enjoy Fabian Nicieza's writing. So, again, I read this issue by itself - without having read anything before it, and, while it's not nearly as good as Busiek's Aquaman, it's OKAY. Even though I know nearly nothing about any of the cast members. And that should just show how good the writing actually is - to be able to take obscure characters, and craft a story with them...my only complaint is that there's too little background given on any of the characters, even on the recap page. But that's my fault, for not having given this series a shot earlier. Now that Nicieza's leaving, and Warren Ellis is coming on, I suppose it's time to start reading this title. I really like Ellis' other work, like Fell, Nextwave, etc., so I'll probably like his stint on Thunderbolts as well.
Now to get Nicieza back together with Busiek...

No comments: