Thursday, December 07, 2006

Beyond! #1-#6

Beyond! #1-#6
Wow, that was actually VERY GOOD. I really didn't expect that at all. Since Secret Wars I was too complex for me in all of its ramifications (I was a little kid at the time), and Secret Wars II: Beyonder the disco god was crap, I really had very low expectations for this. But, wow. I read it all in one shot, starting last night, and have got to tell you, it's a great story, very well done. Featuring a similar concept to Secret Wars I - supertypes get kidnapped from Earth, transported to Battleworld, forced to fight each other in order to return home - yet at the same time completely unique. I'm not going to spoil it by, well, spoiling it. Suffice it to say, leave questions as to the exact point in continuity or the exact universe in which this might have occurred aside, and just enjoy it for what it is: Good Solid Storytelling.

No comments: