Monday, December 04, 2006

Batman/The Spirit #1

Batman/The Spirit #1
Can Darwyn Cooke ever do any bad work? I swear, everything of his I've ever read has been EXCELLENT. And this is no exception. Being too young, or mainstream, to have had much experience with The Spirit, I can't say how accurately he fills out Will Eisner's shoes. However, having read many golden and silver age Batman tales, I can say with certainty that Cooke captures the Spirit of those golden (and silver) comics perfectly. Likewise Jeph Loeb, who, more recent misfires aside, has always done a superb job at telling tales set in the past. This book is truly a treat, and serves as a fitting entree into Cooke's upcoming Spirit monthly. Like I said, this is EXCELLENT, and I've truly gotten to the point where I'd expect no less.

No comments: