Thursday, December 07, 2006

Supergirl #12

Supergirl #12
Wow, completely not what I would expect from this book at all, although with new names Palmiotti and Gray on the cover, I'm not surprised. What does surprise me is Amanda Conner's pencils actually toning down the cheesecake level...in fact, there's even a scene where she pokes fun at her own renderings of Power Girl! This issue was a standalone issue, and it made sense. That has been so rare throughout this series - things making sense. It's like, maybe I'm dense or something, but I never realized that this "Boomer" she was living with was actually Captain Boomerang's son...I thought she was doing him or something, or that perhaps this was a new character along the lines of the last Supergirl's Buzz. Now it finally makes sense. The art is even nicer, in a cartoony way. VERY GOOD. I'd love to see more issues like this one, and if I do, then I will definitely resume reading this series.

No comments: