Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Superman #653

Superman #653
I just realized that I forgot to post this issue. Suffice it to say that as a penultimate chapter in Busiek's inaugural arc it was VERY GOOD.
But the reason I'm posting now is that I have discovered a translation key for the alien font used on page 3. It is a Comicraft font named "Gobbledygook". I swear, it's really called that. Here's a link to the complete character list.

Anyways, the alien gobbledygook in panel 3.1 translates exactly as follows:
Alien - (a): Aiee!
Alien 2 (a): Run! Run!
I guess the alien language has a different grammatical structure than our own, or at least different rules for the usage of non alphabetical characters.

The kryptonian dialogue in panel 3.4 is as follows:
Resistance has ended Malak is pacified
Prepare landing parties scan undeveloped areas for potential slave labor
Yes great Dru Zod
At once great Dru Zod
--There are no punctuation marks present, but it's completely understandable nonetheless.
Next issue

No comments: