Monday, July 31, 2006

52 #12

52 #12
Well, here's a first. The first halfway decent issue of 52, and a backup feature that doesn't make me want to vomit! Overall, a pretty good issue of 52. Not quite there yet, but definitely on the way. Much better than the eh that I gave the first 11 issues. I'll give this one OKAY. And can I tell you how happy I am that Jurgens is gone? Happy happy happy!!!
Here are my pagewise comments:
p.1 When did Maggie Sawyer get so hot? When did Montoya get so butch - she's still a wuss though.
p.2 Vic/Charlie has boxes scattered around the apartment. Two prominent ones are labelled IG36 and IG76. What does this mean, and what is their significance?
p.3 Present in the apartment is "Life Story of the Flash (by Iris Allen)", and another box labelled I.G.35. What are their significance?
p.4 When did the events portrayed actually occur? From the dialogue, they may have just happened, or they may have happened last week. It's very unclear.
p.6 When did Isis go to live in this remote village?
p.7 Super-Shaykh sounds like something to order at Baskin Robbins.
p.10 Billy's craaazy. Billy Batshit. Teehee!
And for once we actually get a readable backup feature. I do hope that this feature lasts, at least as long as the writing on it is good. And I'd like to see histories of some of the more obscure characters, but perhaps also some of those prominently featured in 52.
Not bad....OKAY.
Last issue
Next issue

No comments: