Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I've got a Nit to pick

I've been in contact with MaGnUs, the writer of the Nitpicker column, and he informed me that it will still be around on several different forums, most notably Newsarama's. That said, I took a look at his last column, which was basically a "best of" and found this interesting nit:

"VERSATILE POWERS, HUH?"

COMMENT: I know powers can be stretched for a plot device, but sometimes writers go too far.

TITLE: X-Men: Deadly Genesis.

ISSUE: 2 of 6.

CULPRIT: Ed Brubaker (writer).

NIT-TO-PICK: On page 6, Emma Frost said she sent thought waves to a O*N*E Sentinel pilot through the laser beams of the robot's scanners. PUH-LEE-ZE!!! That's just too far-fetched, no matter how powerful she is, this looks like something from the 60s when Magneto could read minds and astrally project.

NIT-O-METER: This is just too stupid, too lazy, I can't give it less than 8 Bazzars.


Yeah, I noticed that when I was reading it too. Kudos to MaGnUs for pointing it out.
My review of Deadly Genesis in terms of a prequel to Brubaker's first arc on Uncanny will be forthcoming. In the meantime, follow this link to the rest of the column at Newsarama.

No comments: