Sunday, October 14, 2007

Un-Men #3

Un-Men #3
Well, now, those final two pages were the absolute creepiest thing I have ever read. Possibly the creepiest thing I've ever been exposed to. Or not.
While I still have little clue as to what is actually going on in this book, I find myself drawn back inexorably to it every month. I can't explain it. It's certainly not a bad book, but usually I've given up incomprehensible titles by this point, or am just about to. And yet, I find myself wanting to read the next issue of this book. And the next. And the next. And the next. For as long as it continues. Perhaps it's the intriguing central character. I suppose that there truly is nothing freakier, so to speak, than an albino "black" man. Yet, there's not anything otherwise unique about this character. I'm not up on the old Swamp Thing comics that introduced the Un-Men. But I've read the Wikipedia entry. And I don't think I'm really missing much.
No, if I had to pin it down, I'd say that what keeps me coming back every issue is the sheer style of the writing in this book. I don't know how else to explain it. This book's got style by the bucketload.
Still, I don't understand more than half of what I've read. A very high OKAY.

No comments: