Monday, October 22, 2007

Brave and the Bold #7

Brave and the Bold #7
This series is one of the best things DC has published since long before any of the recent Crises. In fact, it reads like exactly what 52 should have been, a tour of the DCU.
And even though I figured out issue six's big reveal waaay back in issue three, merely by seeing the silhouettes in Destiny's flashback, I still enjoyed it immensely. That first arc set the bar extremely high for the rest of the series.
That said, this issue was merely OKAY. After six months worth of Universe and Time travelling fun, this issue is a done-in-one...mostly. And although you all know I usually love those, it's not what I have come to expect from this title. That's not to say that it's not good. Not at all. It's just not...engrossing? I can't find the exact word, so that'll have to do.
Regardless, I look forward to next month's issue to prove me wrong and show me how this issue is all just part of an elaborate setup. I hope.

No comments: