Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Outsiders #39

Outsiders #39
I really don't know what to make of this issue. Plotwise, it's okay, with the Outsiders showing up at Brain and Mallah's home, fighting clones, getting caught, and having their DNA sampled. That's it. Pretty straightforward...pretty much the definition of an okay book. But then we have the writing. It ranges from pseudointellectual to insipid, and judging from some of the other work Winick's been doing lately, it really seems like he's just been hacking it out. The art is okay as well, pretty straightforward, but I still don't like the idea of drawing Metamorpho so that he looks like Shift. There was always a distinct difference between the two characters and their abilities, and now, without having been told that this was Metamorpho, I would think it to be Shift. I really wasn't looking forward to reading this. I only did so because I had a few extra moments, and I must say, I don't find myself at all enriched for the experience. EH. Oh, and apparently, Grace is a member of a different species of humanoid. Winick just throws this out there without developing it at all, and if recent trends on the title are any indication, he'll forget about it just as quickly.

No comments: