Friday, September 15, 2006

New X-Men #30

New X-Men #30
A very fast read. Not much to say about this issue, except that as a penultimate chapter to this arc it is sufficient, with a classic Deus Ex Machina gone severely, but predictably, awry. I am so glad that Duncan Rouleau is gone. Man, that's the second title recently I'd have to say that about. Fortunately for New X-Men, his stint as guest artist didn't affect the momentum or development of the plot very much. That's not the case with Blue Beetle which was battered into near incomprehensibility by his guest spot and subsequent departure, and now seems to have lost my interest. Too bad.
But this title is OKAY.

On another note, I apologize for being incommunicado since Saturday night/Sunday morning. I've been out of town on a business trip, and stupidly forgot to bring my laptop charger with me, so all battery power (all 2:08 of it!!) had to be saved for essential activities such as navigation, and everything else, including blogging and email had to take a rest. And what a restful rest it was! Not really...I value the time I spend online much more than having nothing better to do than watch reruns on the telly. Next time I'll remember.

No comments: