Friday, August 04, 2006

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #11

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #11
Peter David's dialogue is excellent as usual, but I can't say how much I actually care for Mysterio as a character, and anyways, didn't Kevin Smith kill him?
Dialogue example: MJ and Aunt May: "Peter bounced a dodgeball off another teacher's face and broke his nose/For heaven's sake. He should know better than that! Of all the --/It was Flash Thompson./Ah. The one who used to be his friend but is now back to being like he was in high school./Right./Well...he probably had it coming, then." And then the excellence continues, but if I were to merely repeat all the spectacular dialogue in Peter David's writing, I'd end up copying entire issues, so I'll just give you a taste. Very OKAY. If I actually cared about the plot or the villains it would rate higher, but as it is, I don't - and PAD hasn't really made me care yet. I read this title for the snappy dialogue, and Peter David's dialogue is second to none. On wit alone, I'd rate it excellent, but wit alone does not an excellent comic make.
Next Issue

No comments: