Thursday, December 06, 2007

Supergirl and the Legion of Superheroes #36

Supergirl and the Legion of Superheroes #36
Oh my god, is this unbelievably AWFUL. In an effort to get Supergirl out of the way for Shooter, they contrive the lamest way to send her back to the present, and for the stupidest reason: Supergirl belongs in the past. Well, duh, but being in the future doesn't preclude her from returning to the past eventually, able to arrive at any point in time, so why is it so imperative to get rid of her now? It's not like anything in the 31st century is truly a threat to her. Plus, the whole "Search for Cosmic Boy" storyline was a bluff. It was never about looking for Cos. And they never find him. Instead, it's all about Brainy manipulating events in his favor. What unbelievable stupidity. I'm so fucking glad there's a new creative team next issue. Because if the current creative team were staying, I certainly wouldn't be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know you're totally wrong, don't you?

acespot said...

How so, good sir? Which of my arguments were unsound. I'd really like to enjoy the book a bit more, so please, let me know.