Friday, December 07, 2007

Infinity Inc. #3

Infinity Inc. #3
I usually write my reviews in Notepad before transferring them to this site. This one got overlooked. Sorry about that.
Perhaps I was a bit hasty with my first review of this title. After reading positive reviws of it from some of my respected colleagues, I decided to give it another shot. And, while some of my original complaints still hold true - that I don't really know exactly who each of these characters are, nor do I see why I should care - I find the story itself to be weirdly engrossing. Sure, there are some fairly major problems with it. For instance, every other page, it seems as if an entire page or so has been omitted. Very Grant Morisson JLA, if you ask me - often, when I was reading that book, I'd have to check to make sure that two pages weren't glued together or something. Another annoying bit is the scene jumping. There are no captions to give us a location reference, and in some instances it seems as if certain scenes are being presented out of order - yet again, there are no captions to tell us so. Both of these factors make for a slightly jarring reading experience. Yet, things do happen in this book, and the story itself is just interesting enough to convince me to come back for successive issues (including the one that was just published this week). Solidly OKAY.

No comments: