Monday, December 24, 2007

The Long Count #1

The Long Count #1
I decided to try this new title out. The story is somewhat interesting, what little of it there is. It basically felt like the entire issue consisted of some chica running...probably because that's an extremely accurate description of the story. There were some fights thrown in, but with the exception of the first one that lasted all of one page, the artwork made it much too difficult to understand what was going on in them. Oh, sure, it's extremely pretty, but after the first issue, I'm no more enlightened as to the motivations, backstory, or even the settings, than I was before I read the book. And what does the title even mean? For these reasons, I will (perhaps unfortunately) not be reading any further issues. EH.

No comments: