Monday, June 26, 2006

Teen Titans Annual #1

Teen Titans Annual #1
Tonight's the night for catching up on old reading. Now, I know that many people have slammed this issue because they deem it a poor excuse to have Superboy get some. I agree, inasmuch as he should have known: "never before the big game". However, that aside, I thought it was a pretty solid issue. It took us back to Bludhaven, showed us what the former Justice Leaguers were doing there, had some cool cameos, especially by the Metal Men, and put nearly every crossover plotline into firm continuity. That, in and of itself, is quite the accomplishment. This story was very bittersweet, especially with the knowledge of Superboy's impending doom. No real complaints. I enjoyed reading this. It was a GOOD story. I just wish we could find out what happened to Darla (after Robin #145). I just remembered, I also liked the veiled references to Smallville and the Superman movies.

No comments: