Sunday, June 25, 2006

Batman Annual #25

Batman Annual #25
Okay, so I know I'm very late with this review, but I just read it, and I just HAD to throw in my two cents. Bottom line: I could overlook the "Superboy punched something" explanation, if they would just have been consistent about Jason's age. However, he seems to be the same age as Dick Grayson in this book, and in all the others. I know, Superboy punched something. Regarding that lame explanation, what do you think? Was it planned that way all along, or did the true explanation become lost and forgotten somewhere along the way? The story itself was fine, up until the introduction of Hush. At that point it became confusing, even though I have read all the issues in question. Also, where did the shock of white hair come from? And why does Jason's scar (yeah, about that, he's savagely beaten with a crowbar , and all he has is ONE scar?) go missing? After the Lazarus pit I could understand, but before? I'm surprised that DC didn't get thousands of angry letters from fans, who paid money to ensure Jason's death, demanding their money back. Back to the white hair, so when Jason is masquerading currently as Nightwing, he's dyeing his hair? The inconsistencies were not distracting enough to make this issue AWFUL, but it's months later and I don't find myself having been enriched by reading it whatsoever, so EH.

No comments: