Saturday, February 03, 2007

Smallville 6x12 "Labyrinth"

Smallville 6x12 "Labyrinth"
Sorry. I know that I haven't posted in a few weeks, and I apologize for that, but I've been out of town. First I was on vacation in Orlando, and then I was sent out of town on business. I hope to have a regular column soon over at Seqart, so that'll probably get me to post more frequently as well.
Anyways, aside from the first facial appearance of J'onn J'onzz in this episode, we find out the Luthor mansion's address: 100 Sayour Rd. Additionally, Smallville's area code in 66684 - which, although non-existent, would put it immediately outside of Topeka, Kansas, 66683. And the drug that Martha's taking, Adalefline? It doesn't exist either. Nor does the "Fortress of Solitude" book on the shelf, nor does the "Phantom Zone" journal on the table, and of course Jorel soap is a sendup of Curel.
Product placement: "Since your superspeed's out of gas, take my Yaris". Sorry, that's just rude. Showing the car off is one thing, but even Hiro's "Nissan Versa!" on Heroes isn't this obnoxious.
Michael Rosenbaum has some excellent dramatic deliveries in this episode, though. Allison Mack was very good, as well. The rest of the cast were just off, though. Tom Welling and Kristin Kreuk really can't act. Even Annette O'Toole wasn't good in this ep.
Every sci-fi show does their "it was all a dream" episode eventually, and mostly, they're pretty annoying. Buffy's was better than most. But this one is more annoying than most.
So, much as I hate to say it, this episode was CRAP.

No comments: