Thursday, July 26, 2007

Iron Man #20

Iron Man #20
If all issues of this title are as good as this one, I just might have to seriously reevaluate my take on it. I haven't read this book since right after Ellis left. It sucked then, too, it's just that it never came out, so I was giving the full story a chance. Then Civil War happened. I've got to say, that didn't pique my interest in this series one bit. Reading about an awful fascist? I'll pass. But now? World War Hulk? I love the concept. I wasn't sure how it could be dragged through so many series, yet it almost seems like too few now, I mean, what about Fantastic Four and FF2? Sure, some writers have seriously dropped the ball on this, and by that I mean Ghost Rider and Heroes for Hire with their crappy, nearly unrelated tie-ins, and, of course, the X-Men mini. But there's no way that I could follow WWH and not read this title. And you know what? I'm glad that I did. Because it's VERY GOOD.

No comments: