Monday, October 23, 2006

Shadowpact #6

Shadowpact #6
Approaching this as someone who hasn't read the first four issues of Shadowpact, hardly remembers Day of Vengeance, and never really read magical comics - with the exception of the Delano and Ennis trades of Hellblazer, and obviously anything Gaiman - in the first place, you can trust me when I tell you that this is a GOOD book. I'm not very familiar with the characters, I have no idea who the guy in his underwear is, and yet, I am entertained. What more can you ask from a single issue of any comic? The dialogue is witty and the ideas are original - as far as I can tell. The only problem I have with this issue is the villain. What's his motivation? Who is he? Has he ever appeared before? How is he dispatched so easily by Blue Devil? For that matter, how does he defeat Enchantress and Ragman so handily? And what do the dogs do? Who were they? The cover tells me that this is the Wild Huntsman, so does this have anything to do with the Welsh/British legend of the Wild Hunt? Or is this just some random meta who thought it'd be a cool name?
Still, since the fight isn't the point of the issue - rather, the point of the fight is to turn Enchantress and Ragman into dogs - I'd say that this is a GOOD issue. I can't say that I'm looking forward to the next issue, but I'll definitely read it (as oppsed to saving it for later).

No comments: